Saturday, April 9, 2011

Addie complete and a new work begun

I feel sort of satisfied with Addie now. I find lots of passages of relationships, between shapes and colours satisfying, but the whole a little awkward. However, sometimes I think that I need this discomfort to make me pay attention to what is happening.

Here is my next work, whose name I can't remember, but with which at this early stage I'm quite happy. I composed the shapes onto the paper and then used a ruler and various containers and bottles to work with the curves to define the shapes. Then I used a pencil to add some textures to the surface. Followed by white paint in parts and then a glaze of albumin. Next I need to apply colour and ground. As always I search for delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since I last posted. Some things

  Some work in various mediums. Mostly watercolour, but also pencil and tempera.