Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Adella

At the moment I have 3 surfaces for painting. 2 are stretched paper and 1 is box board that I've gessoed with a traditional glue and whiting because is gives such a lovely surface for painting. Work has started on the stretched paper works and I'm waiting to see what comes out of them before I proceed with the gessoed surface. Gessoing box board is a bit of an experiment and probably to flexible to last, but I have to try it. I have this hankering to paint on thin film like surfaces and have them hung so that they have a congruity with the wall surface, but this is just something a bit fixed in my mind. The picture below is of Adella the most advanced of the paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since I last posted. Some things

  Some work in various mediums. Mostly watercolour, but also pencil and tempera.