Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Walk

Sunday and I felt the need for a walk. First I took the dogs for a walk, but I wanted a meander by myself. So I brought them back home and headed off in the cold across the railway line to the north side of town, through streets that I don't often walk, to see what was there. On the edge of town the view is of Mt Baw Baw in the distance shrouded in cloud and in the foreground paddocks of grass that is green and low in the winters cold. In the middle distance the high voltage power lines rise and sag over the pylons. Along a roadside on the way back there was windbreak of cypress with most of them dead. I assume because of wet feet from this very wet winter. Later near home my eye was caught by the camellias strewn on lawns after falling from the shrubs. They are long past there best, but the carpets of flowers look so extravagant.
Out of focus, but it adds to the extravagance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since I last posted. Some things

  Some work in various mediums. Mostly watercolour, but also pencil and tempera.