Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Little Holiday

Athena needed a break, as did I. Stuff hasn't seemed to have let up since the Advent season. Therefore Athena negotiated a week off. We spent a few days at Tullycavan where Athena mostly read and I read and cleaned up stuff in my old studio including photographing a huge amount of my older work.

I entered this work in the Mirboo North Art Show in 1995. Not unexpectedly it didn't win any prizes. I still really like it.

This is one of my VCE Art paintings. I just sat in the study pushing oil paint around trying to make something 'good'.

 This was supposed to have a surreal aspect to it. Atalanta's nappy, knife at the ready for scraping clean. Arranged as if a set table place. 

This is a surprise that I had forgotten existed. It surprised with its shouting colour. 
It was fascinating to rediscover the highways and byways of my past painting. I was left with much to ponder and re-assimilate.
After Tullycavan we headed to Melbourne to stay with Arion and catch up with family and friends. It was lovely. One of the things that I have discovered about holidays is avoiding having to think of something to cook 'all the time'. It's nice to experience someone else's skills and choices. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since I last posted. Some things

  Some work in various mediums. Mostly watercolour, but also pencil and tempera.