Saturday, April 7, 2012

Things

We have had this book for over 20 years and treasure it. The food made from its receipes  is always wonderful. We first ate food made with its advice while visiting friends on our way back from Central Australia in 1988.  Athena then found the copy which we've used ever since.

 This 'Always Radiant' knife came into our lives via my Father in Law. It recently found its way out of the back of a cupboard and into the kitchen. I enjoy its sharpness and the way I can sharpen it. Also there is an affection for stained casein handle and its association with the kitchen of my grandparents where most of the knives had casein handles. Where my grandmother cut the scone dough into pieces to bake. My other knives just don't sharpen as well. They were wonderful when new and retained their edge for many years, but since that's gone they don't sharpen that well. I think that because they are vanadium steel they are just a bit too hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since I last posted. Some things

  Some work in various mediums. Mostly watercolour, but also pencil and tempera.