Monday, July 15, 2013

Been in Melbourne

I was watching 'Miss Marple' on TV and drawing what was in the corner. The light was not brilliant so it was all problematic.

 We all went out for dinner. I ate too much, but it was tasted good.

 We visited my sister for a lovely rambling conversation about family stuff.  She has a photo of my Grandmother about whom I've been thinking a bit lately. I have that sense of things lost, not to be regained some of which is an image of her making scones. 'She could hear the garden gate squeak and before the person got to the door she was making scones and moments later they were in the slow combustion stove to be cooked'. Because her mother owned the General Store/Post Office/Pub in Mirboo, during WWI she would have been the person who delivered the telegrams notifying families about the death or status of their sons and maybe even the death of the man she was 'walking out with'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since I last posted. Some things

  Some work in various mediums. Mostly watercolour, but also pencil and tempera.