Thursday, September 11, 2014

Sketching in Egg Tempera


Today I wanted to make a painting or two in the quick reflexive way that I do from time to time. A little while ago I bought some rice paper. Today I cut up some pieces about 20 x 13 cm approximately and got going. My starting point was a painting from a couple of decades ago. A linear skeleton and then filling in the ground in a loose way. With a bit of later linear working in. Egg tempera seems to go well on rice paper. The idea came from seeing pictures in Jodhpur that were egg tempera on rice paper. It must have been very thick paper because they used to polish them with stone, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since I last posted. Some things

  Some work in various mediums. Mostly watercolour, but also pencil and tempera.