Thursday, September 16, 2010

Trip Journal Finished

This week I finished our holiday journal, which is an agglomeration of diary entries, photos, pamphlets, tickets etcetera. When we get home from holidays it always constrains the getting back to painting because I know that if I don't devote time to the trip journal it will end up as a box of stuff gradually loosing coherence as the memories of the events go out of focus. So now it is done. I am not quite free though as for the next little while there is another thing to do, but at least it has a finite time limit. And after that there will be the printings of the paper. There are so often commitments that interfere with what I'd like to do, however I know that fitting things in around commitments gives time a structure that is in the end satisfying. Lack of structure seems to lead to a sort of dazed paralysis of self indulgence that isn't very satisfying. So I look forward to the frustrations and joys of putting paint on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since I last posted. Some things

  Some work in various mediums. Mostly watercolour, but also pencil and tempera.