Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Further to Flat Bread

With the flat bread I have subsequently tried some different things. One is old and one is new. The old thing has been to leave out the golden syrup or sugar which doesn't seem to affect the rising. It just makes the bread less sweet. I made flat bread for years without sweetness. The other thing I took from Poh's Kitchen and this is that when rolling out the bread you should only go in one direction to get a rounder bread. I take this to mean for me not rolling back and forth. So I roll the dough away from me a couple of time then turn it 90 degrees and do the same. Something else I've done recently is flip the dough so that both side get rolled. Now with these changes I came to the barbeque and found that I was getting lot of little bubbles coming up on the first side which means, I think, the the bread puffs up better when I flip it over for the second side. I reckon that this comes mainly from rolling both sides of the bread. Anyway nice balloons of bread are the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since I last posted. Some things

  Some work in various mediums. Mostly watercolour, but also pencil and tempera.