Friday, December 11, 2015

A Melbourne Interlude

I'm not long back from a 'clergy spouse conference' in Melbourne. I went and stayed with our son so that I could have some time to look at art, talk, search out a few art materials, and think, ponder and meditate. I did all these things. This is what I drew on the train back to his place one day while I was avoiding reading the novel I'm reading because of impending violence. As usual once beginning the drawing I was drawn in. Creation wants to out. I found it surprisingly dislocating being away from home by myself at this time. I felt an affinity with Greta Garbo's later response to the world. Now I'm back in the familiar and feeling more 'normal' , but wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since I last posted. Some things

  Some work in various mediums. Mostly watercolour, but also pencil and tempera.